G2Crowd is looking to help better understanding how industry professionals make decisions regarding the B2B software tools they choose. They expect this exercise will leverage best practices from other review websites, in addition to some of their biggest competitors. Their ultimate goal is to make significant headway when it comes to the quantity of total reviews and the number of products that are covered with reviews in their ecosystem. Ultimately, G2Crowd is hoping that the students will then use this gathered information to make performance improvement recommendations for their software and marketing strategy so that they can gather reviews more effectively at larger volumes from reputable business leaders.┬á
Students who enroll in this course will:
- Have the opportunity to combine data analytics with qualitative competitive research to develop real-world marketing recommendations.┬á┬á
- This project is suitable for MBA students with foundational Excel skills
- Ideally, MBAs should be interested in Business Leadership, Consulting, Marketing, Innovation & Entrepreneurship┬á
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will be required to sign a non-disclosure project agreement regarding the handling of confidential information and intellectual property.
Logistics: This ÔÇ£IntertermÔÇØ Immersion will be based in Chicago, Illinois. Students will need to secure transportation and lodging on their own. Additional details on travel can be found under ÔÇ£Travel Reimbursement DetailsÔÇØ at the front of this document.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA IMMERSE Interterm (SPRING 2019)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
March 2, 2019 - Industry Marketing Benchmarking Analysis
- Research and document review-gathering process for key competitors
- Identify non-competitor review platforms in other industries; research and document their review-gathering process
- Analyze available review data to identify trends in ours and competitors’ review responses
March 3, 2019 - Performance Improvement Recommendations
- Based on your research, how can the company improve its process in terms of gathering reviews and on-boarding new users?
- Examine the company’s past marketing strategies. What worked? What did not? How would you showcase progress over time?
- Learn more about the customer’s perception of the company’s brand, product, and services.
- Propose 2-3 digital, experiential, or social, marketing strategies for the company to consider. Asses cost, reach, mediums, and any other components needed for a full understanding of this investment.
- How will you measure the effectiveness (ROI)? Select one and develop a road-map or prepare to launch (depending on company resources and timing)?
March 5, 2019 - Final Presentation
G2Crowd is looking for a comprehensive overview of the work that was done. Prepare a presentation and with thorough supporting documentation (Slides).