Research Chronic Absenteeism Initiatives, Grants related to improving attendance/school improvement, Organizations/Foundations supporting high poverty school districts, districts with high rates of CA. Also, collaborate with sales and marketing team to get up to speed on past and current strategies and develop additional strategies. Additional opportunities can be made available to work with client success team and Sales ops leader.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 25 Broadway, New York, NY 10004
- The students will learn strategies for accelerating the growth of social enterprise in the education space.
- They will be briefed on the challenges of selling into high need schools and districts that have limited funding.
- They will focus on helping these schools afford a program that has proven results of decreasing Chronic Absenteeism and improving family and student engagement.
- The two major areas are:
- 1. ┬áResearching ┬ápotential non-profit partners that align with Kinvolved’s goals, and
- 2. ┬áExamining different state and federal grants aimed at improving student outcomes and identifying grant awardees.
- Students, if desired, can gain access to sales strategies and practices, the creation marketing campaigns/collateral, and be able to join sales and marketing meetings.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA IMMERSE Interterm (SPRING 2020)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2020 - Sales & Business Development
Students will familiarize themselves with Kinvolved’s products and services and the current sale process. They will also learn about competitors and barriers to entry.
Identify any companies that present interesting opportunities for partnerships and additional channels that can the company tap in order to scale more effectively. Also, answer the question “are there alternative ways to sell that the company hasn’t considered?”
March 3, 2020 - Analyze the way non-profits support student outcomes in high need schools.
They will learn how to identify different non-profits that work in the above-mentioned area. They will also get to speak with some of our current non-profit partners in person and conduct informational interviews. They will also learn how to identify the applicable people within different non-profits and how to approach them.
They will propose a strategy for approaching said non-profits. Strategy will include who to target and why that particular organization should be interested in partnering with Kinvolved.
March 4, 2020 - Identify National and State Grants aimed at improving student outcomes.
Students will research different state and federal grants that can be used to decrease Chronic Absenteeism and deepen family and student engagement. They will determine how they are awarded and more importantly, who they are awarded to. A basic understanding of Kinvolved’s products and services will be necessary.
Students will present a timetable of when grants are awarded and when they are received. They will identify past grant recipients and predict if past recipients are a key indicator of a future recipient.
There are no resources currently available