RMHC Jax serves as a “home away from home” for families who need to be near a hospital for their child’s medical treatment. At RMHC families are provided lodging, meals, transportation and a community of compassionate care. We serve over 1500 families a year from 21 states and 14 foreign countries. The volunteer base is critical to the operational success of the house. Volunteers also tend to be dedicated donors.
RMHC Jax needs to develop several strategies to engage volunteers who have different demographics and engagement with RMHC Jax. These volunteers are stratified based on intensity of engagement within house. They range from corporate volunteering cooking dinner every night, front desk, maintenance of facility, management of Learning Center, event fundraising support, 3rd party fundraisers, etc.
1. Several differentiated strategies to virtually engage 4000 volunteers/donors based on their involvement with House
2. Options for fundraising by volunteers, offsite activities that help them to remain connected with the mission
3. A special corporate strategy that insures ongoing corporate participation and giving
4. How to create a virtual; experience where volunteers feel the collective power of their volunteering that supports this critical mission.
5. Methods of communication, technology, etc.
6. A strategy that measures or assesses volunteer involvement satisfaction
7. Launch of a virtual cooking demonstrations with potential TV coverage in Jacksonville with our in-house Chef. –Some type of volunteer interaction.
Current pivot examples:
1. RMHC will host our Annual “Light Up the House 5K” the first Saturday in December-this year it will be a Virtual 5K. We are is discussion with UNF Athletic Department to make this an internal initiative along with athletes P2P fundraising. Our goal is 1000 runners across 17 teams.
2. We are also discussing virtual engagement and the 5K as a fundraising project for students at UNF’s Taylor Leadership Institute. This project will afford those students a hands-on nonprofit fundraising experience building upon their leadership coursework.
Many corporations are finding solutions in this space in supporting their employees volunteering to maintain their corporate social responsibility. VOYA Financial is one that is at the forefront.
|Company||Ronald McDonald House Charities of Jacksonville|
Course Info & Engagement Details
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Milestones & Project Process
There are no resources currently available