Sonia is a serial entrepreneur that recently launched Mixed Hub and is looking for help cultivating the vision and growth strategy, which should ultimately inform her fundraising strategy. The goal of this engagement is to help Sonia position her company for success in her fundraising pursuits. She would ideally like help identifying similar organizations that have successfully raised funding in the past and the process/strategy they used to get there. It would be most helpful to understand the structure of that financing and what the financing was ultimately used for. Ultimately, Sonia wants to be better prepared for her fundraising efforts. This likely includes detailing the product, traction, vision, team, and financials.┬á
Students who enroll in this course will:
- Research and propose solutions to the challenges, demonstrate skills of critical thinking and critical business decision-making analysis.
- Communicate effectively in a business setting with colleagues and communities for the purposes of influencing the future of an organization
- Integrate decision making across all business functions
- Develop effective strategies while understanding the importance of ethical decision making.
- Explain the global strategic issues facing a business and itÔÇÖs strategies taking into account cultural differences
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and dispositions associated with effective collaboration with peers, founders and community.
- Students should have the ability to create business reports that effectively communicate business strategies, practices, and goals using emerging technology and management theories online and in-person.
- They should also have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Excel, Google Docs, and other relevant industry-specific programs.
- They should also have basic knowledge website programming and maintenance. This can also include a general understanding of web design and SEO, HTML, CSS and Wireframing
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will be required to sign a non-disclosure project agreement regarding the handling of confidential information and intellectual property.
Logistics: This ÔÇ£IntertermÔÇØ Immersion will be based in Los Angeles, California. Students will need to secure transportation and lodging on their own. Additional details on travel can be found under ÔÇ£Travel Reimbursement DetailsÔÇØ at the front of this document.┬á
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA IMPACT Interterm (SPRING 2019)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2019 - Industry, Benchmarking, Growth Analysis and Strategy
- Do thorough research on the company’s target demographic and product.
- Identify and understand the customer and customer’s problem.
- Understand how the company’s product or service is solving that problem.
- Compare the company’s products with the rest of the providers in the industry.
- Identify competitors and pay close attention to how other companies are marketing their products and positioning their brands.
- and analyze/compare company marketing performance to competitors.
March 3, 2019 - Data Analysis, Marketing Strategy Development, Fund-raising
- Examine and identify the company’s marketing strategies. How would you showcase progress over time?
- Identify KPI’s
- Learn more about the customer’s perception of the company’s brand, product, and services.
- Propose 2-3 digital, experiential, or social, marketing strategies for the company to consider. Asses cost, reach, mediums, and any other components needed for a full understanding of this investment.
- How will you measure the effectiveness (ROI)? Select one and develop a road-map or prepare to launch (depending on company resources and timing)?
- Identify scalability
- Investor pitch deck
March 5, 2019 - Final Presentation
- Sonia Smith-Kang is looking for a comprehensive overview of the work that was done. She is also prepping to fundraise in the spring. Prepare a presentation and paper that provides an overview of the process that was used and the results that were ultimately generated.
There are no resources currently available