Vermont Catholic Charities, Inc. (VCCI) is a statewide social service agency which has been providing services to individuals and families since 1929. ┬áThe agencyÔÇÖs largest program is operating four residential care homes which represents approximately 80% of its revenue and expenses.┬á As Vermont continues to age, residential care housing will be needed to meet the needs of this growing population.┬á As such, more businesses have entered this market contributing to more competition.┬á Given this, there is much at stake to maximize sales (occupancy) to support and exceed expenses.┬á VCCI is hoping to leverage Notre Dame MBAs to evaluate the competitive landscape and market trends, determine if there are product/service gaps, and understand consumer perception and brand awareness of the homes. The end-goal is to produce a product and marketing strategy deck, including a market analysis to improve overall census and payer mix.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- Vermont Catholic Charities’ office is located at 55 Joy Drive, South Burlington, VT┬á 05403
- Familiarity with health care or senior housing is helpful, but not necessary
- Interest in competitive analysis/market research
- Interest in brand awareness/perception
- Students will know how to prepare and present a market strategy deck
- Students will learn about the different levels of nursing care/housing options for older adults
- Students will explore the complexities of elder care and State regulations along with the challenges of a sustainable financial model in this business environment.
|Company||Vermont Catholic Charities, Inc.|
|Revenue||3,000,000 - 10,000,000,|
|Hiring Potential||Formal Internship|
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA IMPACT Interterm (SPRING 2020)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2020 - Understand Residential Care Landscape and Vermont Catholic Charities' Homes
- What is residential care?
- What are the regulations around residential care?
- What is the financial model – payer mix, Medicaid reimbursement process
- Demographics of current residents
- Tour residential care home care home in Burlington
Create Q &A guide to discuss with agency personnel to discuss any gaps in understanding the product and/or financial model.
March 3, 2020 - Competitive landscape and market trends
- What does the competitive landscape look like?
- How do the Homes operated by Vermont Catholic Charities compare to other facilities?
- What are the market trends in this industry?
- What are the key challenges Vermont Catholic Charities’ homes face moving forward?
Industry overview deck including key trends and challenges and identify focus areas for Vermont Catholic Charities.
March 4, 2020 - Marketing and Future Growth
- Who is the target market?
- How has the agency marketed the Homes? Has that worked?
- How do Vermont Catholic Charities attract more private-pay residents?
- What is the current perception of the Homes operated by Vermont Catholic Charities?
- What are key marketing opportunities to raise brand awareness?
Present ideas on ways to increase brand awareness about the Homes.
There are no resources currently available