HUNGRY needs help elevating their customer experience from great tasting food to a true chef-connected experience. They need help researching, interviewing, and visualizing data related to key stakeholders like admins/office managers (buyers) and end-users (those who are eating the food). They’re ultimately trying to create better customer loyalty and fanatics that are open to sharing their experience with others in their network.
The ultimate goal is to help HUNGRY shift the business from a sales-driven, linear growth model to one with a more of an exponential growth profile. They want to leverage best practices from companies like Uber that provide premium offerings with higher margins alongside traditional offerings (like Uber Black), which can help them scale more quickly.
Students who enroll in this course will:
- Understand the nuances of a highly fragmented and saturated foodservice market.
- Develop a better understanding of how high-growth businesses assess new offerings and product differentiation tactics
- Be able to convert qualitative interviews into comprehensive data and insights for business leaders.
This project is most suitable for MBA students that are interested in working on high-growth business challenges in the foodservice space. Experience around marketing, data visualization, and software products is a plus.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will be required to sign a non-disclosure project agreement regarding the handling of confidential information and intellectual property.
Logistics: This Interterm Immersion will be based in Arlington, Virginia. Students will need to secure transportation and lodging on their own. Additional details on travel can be found under Travel Reimbursement Details at the front of this document.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA IMMERSE Interterm (SPRING 2019)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2019 - Analysis of Current Product Offering & User Experience
- What does the current customer experience look like?
- How has this changed over time?
- What improvements does the company plan to make with the customer experience?
- How do customers feel about the overall experience?
March 2, 2019 - Diagnosis of Key Areas for Further Analysis
- What areas of the customer experience need the most help?
- How can they create a more well-rounded chef-connected experience?
March 3, 2019 - Customer Growth & Expansion
- How can HUNGRY leverage their existing customers for growth in the future?
- How can HUNGRY increase volume/account size with current customers?
March 4, 2019 - Business Growth
What other tactics might be needed to achieve explosive, exponential growth for a company like HUNGRY?
March 5, 2019 - Formal Overview of Engagement Results
- HUNGRY is looking for a comprehensive overview of the work that was done
- Keep in mind, HUNGRY is fundraising soon and needs help packaging this growth strategy for Investors
There are no resources currently available