This project will help support the growth of a program that trains future medical professionals on how to support patients with intellectual and developmental disabilities through key partnerships and funding opportunities.
HealthMeet┬« leverages its national network of more than 700 Chapters, national disability organizations, public health systems, health professionals, university systems, and other key stakeholders to reduce health disparities and increase the longevity and quality of life for people with intellectual disabilities (ID) by providing free community-based health assessments and individualized recommendations for follow-up care. Assessments will focus on general health and body composition, vision, hearing, oral health, foot care, respiratory health, mental health and lifestyle factors such as diet and nutrition, physical activity, substance use, and access to health care.┬áHealthMeet┬« also provides training and education for individuals, their families, direct service professionals, medical providers, and medical students and will raise public awareness of health issues that impact people with intellectual disabilities across the country.
The Arc of Philadelphia’s Health Meet Program is currently working with Drexel University and Jefferson University. They have also offered their services to speciality hospitals like the Philadelphia Children’s Hospital. They are hoping to grow to more institutions in the coming years. In order to do that, they also need financing. ┬áThey are looking for a strategic growth plan that includes channel partners and financing options.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- The students will be hosted by the Arc of Philadelphia.┬á Their address is 2350 W. Westmoreland Street Philadelphia Pa 19140.
- The students should review The Arc of Philadelphia’s website to gain a better understanding of The Arc and its mission with a focus on the HealthMeet programs page.┬á The website is https://sparcphilly.org/arc_philadelphia/home.html
- The students will learn the following:
- How do develop a strategic plan with appropriate goals and timelines
- How to research funding sources applicable to particular programs
- How to identify possible community partnerships by identifying organizations with similar missions
- How to identify grant opportunities that lie within the programs mission
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA IMPACT Interterm (SPRING 2020)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2020 - What is the Arc of Philadelphia? Deep Dive on HealthMeet
What is the Arc of Philadelphia?
Who are they serving?
What is HealthMeet?
How did it get started?
What are the goals and objectives of the program?
Who are the key stakeholders?
Explore these resources:
Prepare for a Q&A Deep Dive on HealthMeet Program
March 3, 2020 - Explore Channel Partners
- What channel partners exist currently?
- What hospitals, universities, and other specialty medical programs are in the Philly ecosystem
- What other stakeholders exist?
- Is there an opportunity to expand outside of the Philly region?
March 3, 2020 - Explore Financing Routes
- How can the Arc of Philly sustain this program moving forward?
- Who might be interested in financing this program?
- What grants and foundations might be able to help?
- What would an attractive sponsorship package look like to a potential partner?
March 4, 2020 - Work on Strategic Growth Plan for HealthMeet
- Who are the key contacts at these organizations?
- What goals are attainable within the next few months/few years?
Develop an elevator pitch to present to these possible partners
There are no resources currently available