GlyphEd is looking for help administering a comprehensive industry assessment for M&A targets. Their goal is to identify key players that are involved with data analytics in the education space. Ideally, they would like to profile acquisition targets based on their business model, product features, and market penetration. TheyÔÇÖre also looking to assess where there are clear strategic or product-related synergies with GlyphEd as part of the acquisition assessment. This exercise also includes recommendations around how a merger would enhance the overall GlyphEdÔÇÖs overall business and how they would ideally go about integrating any new businesses into their existing business.┬á
Students who enroll in this course will:
- Students will have the opportunity to combine data analytics with qualitative competitive research to develop real-world M&A recommendations.
- Understand the complexities of analyzing businesses with limited data.
- Develop an understanding of how to think through the implications of M&A activities.
- This project is suitable for MBA students interested in the higher education space, with interest in administering industry research and due diligence on viable acquisition targets.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will be required to sign a non-disclosure project agreement regarding the handling of confidential information and intellectual property.
Logistics: This ÔÇ£IntertermÔÇØ Immersion will be based in Alexandria, VA. Students will need to secure transportation and lodging on their own. Additional details on travel can be found under ÔÇ£Travel Reimbursement DetailsÔÇØ at the front of this document.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA IMMERSE Interterm (SPRING 2019)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Milestones & Project Process
March 2, 2019 - Business Model, Competitor, and KPI Analysis
- As an onboarding exercise, the GlyphEd wants you to get up-to-speed on their business.
- They’d like you to start by doing a deep dive on their products and industry.
- What similar products exist? How are they implemented into healthcare systems and facilities?
- What best practices can you learn when it comes to large-scale implementations of technology and other resources within existing customers?
March 3, 2019 - Financial Data Deep Dive
- GlyphEd wants you to better understand their current financial position and process of recording financial performance including key ledger categories.
March 5, 2019 - Final Presentation
- GlyphEd is looking for a comprehensive overview of the work that was done. Prepare a presentation and paper that provides an overview of the process that was used and the results that were ultimately generated.
March 4, 2021 - Establish 3-5 Year Projections
- GlyphEd needs help crafting 3-5 year projections for the business based on existing performance and sales pipeline
There are no resources currently available