We are reshaping the scientific R&D process with our partner DARPA, as members of a multi-disciplinary consortium (which includes science PhDs, gaming experts from Niantic and entertainment leaders). The Polyplexus platform serves the global research community and accelerates the rate of idea exchange, hypothesis generation, proposal development, and sponsor identification. This developing network includes both traditional and non-traditional performers and facilitates cross-disciplinary breakthroughs at pace with global change.
During the initial stage, the platform gets its funding from DARPA but is is looking to commercialize. The student will work on this live case and help shape a strategy for effective monetization of the platform based on market research and business modeling. An end goal of this engagement could be a report or presentation on how Polyplexus could generate revenue in a self-sustaining manner.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 12 E 49th St 11th floor, New York, NY 10017.
- Basic understanding of the product development process
- Interest in science and technology research
- Ability to communicate professionally (students might get a chance to interact with the client directly)
- Ability to prepare client-ready reports and presentations
- learn about commercializing a SaaS platform.
- gain insights into the R&D process.
- gain hands-on experience in working with a cross-disciplinary team.
- serve a real-time client project.
- learn about market analysis and customer development.
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA APPLY Interterm (FALL 2019)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||10/14 - 10/17/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Milestones & Project Process
October 14, 2019 - Introduction
- Register for Polyplexus and exploring the platform
- Understand what is Polyplexus
- Learn about the current Polyplexus users
- Understand the operating structure of Polyplexus
- Learn who funds Polyplexus
- Understand how DARPA grants work
- Dive into specific customer use-cases
Q&A guide to discuss any gaps in understanding of the platform, users, and operations.
October 15, 2019 - Product Feature Analysis
- In-depth analysis of each current Polyplexus feature
- Review of other platforms or products offering similar features individually or in a package
- Identification of potential new features based on existing functionality (i.e. no new development required)
- Attendance of call with the whole Polyplexus team to ask predetermined questions
A brief PowerPoint presentation to capture thinking to date, including product feature analysis.
October 16, 2019 - Development of Draft Commercialization Strategies
- Development of initial commercialization strategies for Polyplexus based on Day 1 and Day 2 work and presentation to H&S team.
- Refinement of commercialization strategies based on feedback received from the H&S team.
Working commercialization strategies for Polyplexus. Students may use tools such as Strategyzer’s Business Model Canvas.
October 17, 2019 - Development of Final Commercialization Strategies
- Finalize one or several commercialization strategies for Polyplexus
- Presentation to select Polyplexus team members
- Refinement of one or several commercialization strategies (if needed) to conclude internship
Final commercialization strategy(ies) for Polyplexus.
There are no resources currently available