Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA APPLY Interterm (FALL 2019)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||10/14 - 10/17/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Milestones & Project Process
October 15, 2019 - Understand the company and preliminary evaluation of the market(s)
- Familiarize yourself with the company products/services, structure, and organization
- Do a deep dive into the industry. Pay close attention to the key customers, contract vehicles, spending patterns. Look at near and far-term trends, growth trajectories, and the likely areas of future success for the company.
- Develop data on market opportunities focused on how to accelerate growth. With concrete data evaluate: market segment sizes and attractiveness for:
- Customers: Department of Defense (Army, Navy, etc); Cabinet Departments (State, Commerce, HLS, etc.); Other Government Agencies (NASA, FAA, States, etc.)
- Contract Vehicles required
- Partnership Opportunities: 8a mentoring, teaming with large prime contractors
- Skills required to be successful
- Basis of Competition: Low price, the best value, highest rated technical offer, etc.
- Full and open competitions vs Small Business set aside
Begin to create an industry overview report, identifying potential areas of focus.
October 16, 2019 - Competitor analysis and strategies for differentiation
- Who are the largest/most important competitors and how do they stack up against Sumaria?
- Create a comprehensive list of key competitors and industry stakeholders that sell similar products and/or services.
- Compare Sumaria with competitors in the following areas: pricing, features, services, geographic reach, customer demographics, revenue, margins, etc.
Develop a competitive picture and strategy/rationale for differentiation.
October 17, 2019 - Growth Prioritization
Using the market analysis data, rank the segments for attractiveness:
- Develop market-entry strategies for the top 3 ranked segments
- What resources are needed?
- Is the organization structured appropriately for growth?
Develop focused, market entry strategy(ies); near and longer-term paths for growth.
October 18, 2019 - Final Report & Presentation
Present findings and recommendations on Sumaria’s market position, competitors, and strategies for differentiation and growth.
There are no resources currently available