Happy Valley Meat Company (HVM) works a number of small livestock farms in the north east. A major pain point is ensuring only the highest quality product is purchased and then reaches the customer. In this collaboration, MBA students will first conduct interviews to map where lapses in QC occur and what the outcome of a QC failure at that point is. Once a complete picture is gathered, HVM team members will work with the MBA students to develop recommendations (to hopefully be implemented) to check and intervene when necessary to uphold high quality. HVM currently tracks errors and failures regarding quality as support cases. The MBA students will work together to set realistic support case goals to measure success of the program once implemented.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 42 West Street #311 Brooklyn NY 11222
- Supply Chain Mapping
- Hazard Identification and Prioritization
- The Creativity Required by Small Under-resourced Businesses
- How Meat gets from a Farm to Diners and What can go Wrong
- Successful Communication of Compliance Documentation
Course Info & Engagement Details
|School||Masters in Business Administration (MBA)|
|Course||MBA APPLY Interterm (FALL 2019)|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||10/14 - 10/17/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
October 14, 2019 - Supply Chain Deep Dive & Mapping
- What raw materials are being used? Where are they getting the raw materials? How is the relationship with these suppliers? How do current key stakeholders feel about these raw materials and/or suppliers?
- How does the company get its products to distributors?
- How is the company currently manufacturing the products?
- What is the process of preparing the final goods for distribution?
- How does the distribution system work? How long does it take to get from destination to destination?
Develop a formal supply chain flow chart.
October 15, 2019 - Quality Control Process Overview
- What type of QC control process is the company currently using? Can you map it out end-to-end?
- How effective is the company’s current QC process?
- How could the process be improved? Think technology and process workflows.
Develop a formal quality control process overview.
October 17, 2019 - Supply Chain & QC Process Improvement Recommendations
- What recommendations should HVM institute to improve the efficiency of their supply chain and the quality control system in place?
Provide the HVM team with a full set of recommendations to improve their process.